Location: Craft Beer Cellar Beercierge
- Congratulations to our National Homebrew Competition winners! And congratulations for the club as a whole for being called out at the
awards ceremony – we were within striking distance of the Homebrew
- HomebrewCon 2019 is in our backyard – Providence, RI. We should make sure to have a big presence there.-
- Competition season is ongoing. The next two MCAB competitions are the Blue Ridge Brew Off (http://www.blueridgebrewoff.com/) on Sep. 20, and New England Regional (http://www.bfd.org/NERHBC). The club is going to organize and pay for group shipping to Blue Ridge.
- Hops from the bulk hop buy are in! Get yours from J-Sap.
- September meeting location isn’t set yet. Watch this space.
- Possible plan for an upcoming meeting tasting: We’ll arrange to brew a very large batch that can be split to a bunch of members and ferment in various ways (temps, yeasts, ?)
- New people introduce themselves – three tonight.
- Advent Calendar homebrew box will be happening – if you want to participate, plan to have a case of homebrew ready for it by mid-November. Contact Nathan Williams for more information if you can’t wait until November.
- Boston Fermentation Festival is Sunday August 26th, at the Boston Public Market (100 Hanover St, Boston). A couple of Worts will be there representing homebrewing. More are welcome! Contact Matthew Dirckx if you’re interested.
- Treasurer’s report, for July 2018.
Expenditures: $579.85 T-shirts, BHC medals and prize shipping.
Income: $442.70 (membership dues)
Treasury total: $10822.66
- Tonight’s activity: Saison internal mini-competition. We have 13 entries; taste them all and rank your top three. Note that the style is quite broad!
- (after much tasting happens) Saison winners are (1) Nathan W (2) J-Sap (3) Steve S, by popular vote.